In today’s technological world mobile phone apps play a very important role in every walk of life. A lot of people are spending most of their time on cell phones. It has been observed that 90% of the time spent on mobile phones is dedicated to mobile apps. Nowadays people can get information about events happening in the local community or worldwide by browsing all info online or by utilizing a good event app.
The event app usually helps users to organize, create, promote, and track events. You can also sell event tickets online and scan tickets on a mobile app. The event industry has groomed so much in the last few years. The demand for event apps has also increased dramatically. Some of the popular event apps in the market are Eventbrite, Eventzilla, Splash, Eventsframe, and Meetup. The event apps help users to organize their leisure time and discover fun activities by promoting their event in the local community or country.
Know-how about the market:
The first basic thing that every businessman must do before doing an investment is to get full knowledge of the market. You must also analyze your competitor’s advantages and disadvantages.
- Eventbrite is considered as the world’s largest event app. Moreover, It is known as the industry’s leader but it is still introducing more functions so that the user’s interaction with the app becomes more efficient. Eventbrite is very helpful for organizers to create, promote, and manage their events like concerts, lectures, workshops, conferences, etc. You can also sell tickets online as it has a built-in payment processing system.
- Eventzilla is also an event app that helps organizers to create, promote, and manage events online. The users can create customized registration forms, sell tickets online, receive payments online, and conduct a post-event survey. You can also post and promote free events on Eventzilla.
- Splash is another event app that provides organizers the opportunity to execute and promote their events online. You can also analyze event data for insights through Splash. Splash is suitable for small businesses because it provides a free plan for executing and promoting small events.
- Meetup is another event app which is very famous for people who are looking for something fun to do in their local area. By using Meetup users can easily create a group and learning events that can interest people in your local community. Meetup also provides members a free trial before charging ticket fees or membership dues.
Tips for a successful event app:
Even the event app market is composed of some great industry giants such as Eventbrite but you can use some tricks to create a remarkable social event app. Some of these techniques are discussed below.
The app’s design plays an important role in the success or failure of it. The design of the app must be well structured and user-friendly so that users can navigate through it easily.
Check: UX prototyping tools
Built-in payment solution:
The event app must consist of a built-in payment feature. If you are building a local event app the payment solution must be local. But for the event platforms operating worldwide you must use global payment gateways such as Braintree or PayPal.
As the world is very busy nowadays they don’t have enough time for surfing through the app. You must provide custom filters on your app so that users can easily discover the required information within the specified category.
It is a very important task to communicate information about your app to the users. For this purpose, you can sync your app with social media accounts. You can also enable in-app communication from which you can do messaging, check-ins, recommendations, contact organizer button, or follow friends option. These features will make your app more interactive.
Bonus system and loyalty programs:
The app’s retention rate could be increased by introducing different incentives and discounts to regular users. You can also launch contests, organize lotteries, and craft multi-level bonus plans.
Steps to build an event app:
- In order to develop a successful event app, the first thing you have to do is research work about the peculiarities of the market you want to enter. You have to analyze your competitors first. Examine their advantages and disadvantages so that you can beat your competitors. You also have to identify the information about upcoming happenings in your niche market. You have to do research work to analyze your target users’ behavior i.e which app they are currently using and which function they are liking most and what are their dislikes about that app.
- Before launching the final product you must build a minimal viable product (MVP). MVP contains basic features that are enough to attract early adapters. The MVP contains general information about the meeting organizer’s contact detail
- After analyzing the MVP launch final product. You can deploy your app to Google play store or Apple store and make it available to the public. The last but not least step is to promote your app by various channels your company’s website, a demo video, blog posts on partner platform, social media, and word of mouth.
Check here: MVP development services
Hope you’ve got the idea of how to create an event app like Eventbrite. For more info. contact Aalpha