The number of mobile phone users is increasing enormously and the users spending in mobile applications through Apple’s App Store & Google Play will total close to $171 bn worldwide in 2024. Due to this, it is mandatory for every business whether small, medium, or large to develop its mobile-based application and interact directly with its customers.
The development of an application for mobile phones is subdivided into various steps. The stakeholders involved in the process also vary depending upon the size and type of the project.
The costs of mobile-based applications are different for different app types, platforms, etc. The important factors which must be determined before cost estimation include:
- Application type such as mobile games, social interaction apps, educational apps, on-demand applications, ebooks, etc.
- Development platforms such as Android, iOS, windows, etc
- The number of pages of the app being developed
- Feature set
- Business model
- Native or Hybrid Apps
- Third-party integrations
The development of an application is completed in various steps. Each step is treated as a milestone and the costs associated with it are summed up to estimate the total budget of the project.
Mobile app development cost in 2023
- Costs of Requirement Gathering and Planning
The initial stage of every mobile app development procedure is planning. The client put forwards their idea to the project manager. He analysis the idea gathers detailed requirements from the client and plan how things will be carried forward in the project. The initial requirements must be detailed enough for the prototyping of the mobile app. The budget for research, planning, and gathering requirements range from $1000 to $10k.
- Design phase budget of Mobile Application
The next step is to engage graphic designers to plan and execute the layout of the website. The app design must be attractive, intrusive, sophisticated, and easy on eyes. The design is made keeping in mind the type of app being developed and the quality of images and graphics must be high definition. The cost required for this phase ranges from $1000 to $20k.
- App Development Cost Estimation
This is the most important and lengthy phase of the mobile application development procedure. It involves extensive coding and unit testing phases to make sure that the code works well and provides end-users with the required functionality.
The development can be handled by a team of in-house developers or outsourced developers in India. The number of team members varies depending upon the number of in-app features and the size of the application. The development phase is also the most costly stage of mobile app development for various platforms.
- The cost for individual freelance developers ranges from $1000 to $10k.
- The budget for a small team of developers ranges from $10k to $100k.
- The middle-sized development firm costs up to $50k to $200k.
- The large company providing development services for mobile platforms costs up to $100k to $500k.
- For developers in India charging per hour for the development of iOS or Android-based applications, the rate is $15 to $100 per hour depending upon the experience and skill level.
- Budget for App Testing Phase
The testing phase is also vital as it involves the verification and validation of apps functionality. The testing is done comprehensively and functional and non-functional tests are performed to make sure that the applications are bug-free. The range of costs required for this phase range from $1000 to $10k.
- Maintenance and Marketing
The applications after being delivered to the client need updates or fixes which are included in app maintenance costs. The marketing phase is also initiated at this point and involved reaching out to target audiences and running campaigns. The costs required during this phase range from $1k to $20k depending upon the scope of marketing and updates required.
Also read: website development costs
Our App Development Cost in 2023 is very affordable, if you need further info, then please contact Aalpha or visit our pricing section.
Share This Article: