Any business owner will agree with this; there comes a time your business requires top talent to carry out some tasks. However, your in-house team can’t accomplish the job needed. In such a case, you hire a dedicated team to achieve the mission at hand. But before we continue, let’s understand what a dedicated team model is.
There are three models when a software development company and the client collaborate. A dedicated team is one of the models, while the other two are the fixed price model and the Time and material model. All of them have their uniqueness. In this case, we will discuss dedicated teams.
When a client settles for a dedicated teams‘ model, they research and get a group of top talents to carry out some tasks on the client’s project. The group becomes part of the in-house members although they work remotely whereby, they all cooperate to ensure the project turns out successfully. The dedicated software development teams consist of the following talents:
- Business analysts
- Backend and frontend developers
- Project manager
- Quality assurance engineers
- UX/UI designers.
In the event another specialist is required, the vendor handles the outsourcing process on your behalf. The idea gives business owners room to concentrate on important matters concerning the business.
When Do You Need a Software Development Team?
- Below are circumstances when you need to get a software development team
- When some tasks take more Time of your professional team
- The company lacks the specific talent for project completion
- When you need to expand your business to another market
- When more projects are coming in
- Business starts declining due to excess work
- When you want to engage your in-house professionals for other activities
- When you want to create a quick MVP
The dedicated software development teams also referred to as team augmentation, help your business in a specific area, and nurture the company to reach the desired objectives.
What qualifications are required to be a dedicated software development team member?
To be successful in this role, team members must possess the following qualifications.
- Technical Abilities:
The ability to design, test, and maintain software involves experience with programming languages like Java, C, and Python and development frameworks like .NET and Angular. Additionally, it is essential to know about databases, operating systems, and software engineering techniques.
- Problem-Solving Abilities:
Strong problem-solving skills require troubleshooting and diagnosing software problems and identifying and implementing solutions. In addition, thinking critically and logically is necessary for solving complicated problems and developing practical solutions.
- Interpersonal Skills:
A devoted software development team member must possess crucial interpersonal skills, which involve communicating effectively with coworkers and providing clear direction to guarantee the project’s timely completion. Moreover, the capacity to cooperate reasonably with other team members is essential to ensuring that the team achieves its objectives and operates cohesively.
As technology and software systems grow, the capacity to rapidly learn and adapt to new techniques and technologies is vital. In addition, it requires studying, comprehending, and deploying as-needed new software solutions.
- Time Management:
Time management requires the capacity to establish achievable objectives and deadlines, manage many projects and deadlines, and prioritize conflicting tasks. Moreover, the ability to stay organized and productive is essential for the successful completion of projects.
- Focus on Details:
A software development team member must also consider minor details. The member must, therefore, have the capacity to evaluate code and assure its accuracy, as well as the ability to identify faults and fix them before they become problems. Additionally, the power to verify the accuracy of documents, technical specifications, and other resources is essential.
Advantages of the Dedicated Team Model
As a business person, you have a project, and you decide to settle for a dedicated team model. That is the right decision for your business because of the following:
The fact remains that in-house hiring is quite expensive. Above all, there are other costs you must incur in the case of in-house hiring. The trend is different from dedicated teams. You can get the right vendor with the lowest rates, yet their services are top-notch.
Transparent management and communication
Although the dedicated teamwork remotely, you have all the Time to control and manage all their activities. There are daily engagements through different communication platforms. Good communication enables both parties to air their view and clear any misunderstandings to ensure the project is on the right track.
A committed team that adopts your culture
With dedicated teams, you can highlight the vision and mission of the business. In the end, you encourage the top talents to work towards a common goal. After all, the dedicated teams work effortlessly to ensure your business reaches the required heights.
The vendors conduct most of the hiring process requirements. You only select the best talents at the final stage. Since there is a wide range of skills, you get the work simplified by the vendor. You even get access to top-rated talents you have never found before. You only wait to shortlist the perfect team that suits your company’s needs.
Disadvantages of the Dedicated Team Model
Every model has its best side and the downfall side. Well, for a dedicated team model, expect the following downfalls:
Different time zones and cultural differences.
The dedicated team works remotely. As the teams are from different countries or locations, the time zones are different as well. When there is something urgent for the project, you can find yourself in a dilemma since none of the members is available, creating some inconveniences. Some do not work on specific days due to cultural practices. In such instances, you find it hard to pass a message across, especially if it is urgent.
Lack of enough resources
Since the dedicated teamwork remotely, it becomes hard to manage the team. There are moments when, as a project owner, you want to be there physically and interact with the team. Unlike in-house hiring, where a manager can talk to the team and motivate them, the case does not apply to a dedicated team due to insufficient resources. Since you have other tasks to focus on, there is no time to meet the dedicated team. Even if you want to hire another manager to take over the job, will you manage the payment? It is a bit hard for sure.
It’s an easy, short-term project
Getting a dedicated development team for your project entails a lot. You spend time finding the right team, then later on explaining your business objectives for quite some time again. After that, you need to keep in touch as they work on the project. Can you imagine going through all the processes, yet the team will work within a few months? Well, it doesn’t add up.
Where Can a Business Owner Find a Dedicated Team?
Up to this point, you understand the basics of a dedicated team. Now, the question is, where can a person outsource a dedicated team? Although Google is among the choices, you can end up getting confused about the best team to settle with. You can check on platforms like GitHub or StackOverflow, Upwork freelance platform, or B2B portals like Clutch.
You only need to search for the services that align with your goals and objectives. Narrow down your search until you land the reliable team specifically for your project. Consider top talents from countries within South America, Asia, Eastern Europe, and Central America.
How to Build a Dedicated Development Team
After getting a reliable vendor, now follow the process below to set up the team
Define your business objectives
Explain all the project requirements, including the desired workflow, team size, and the type of professionals needed.
Assembling the team
Start the process of recruiting top talent, the process can take up to one month, but if the project has urgency, it can be reduced to one week.
Now, select the best team for your business. Consider factors like tech skills, level of experience, English fluency, among other factors.
Integrating the team
The selected team joins the ongoing project quickly. At this point, the business owner decides on the best management approach to use.
Legal Requirements when hiring a Dedicated Team
The vendor deals with the legal requirements to ensure the work is in order. However, you can’t outlook the following:
- Master Services Agreement (MSA). This MSA specifies payment terms, how to resolve a dispute, and the final product’s rights. Do not assume that if you hired a dedicated team, the work belongs to you automatically. You can get surprised at some point. So, take precautions as early as possible by including the MSA agreement.
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). There will be a point where your dedicated team will have access to your confidential information. However, you do not want such information exposed to unwanted users. To stay safe, include an NDA agreement before outsourcing. The document prohibits the team from sharing your info. The information should be used for the project only.
- Statement of Work (SOW). As a business person, you need your work completed within a specified period and of good quality. Ensuring you stay safe and get value for your money, including the SOW document in the agreement.
How to Fail with a Dedicated Team
A dedicated software development teams can help you solve your business requirements. However, if you are not careful, you might get disappointed in the end. The following red flags should guide you to avoid a terrible experience with a dedicated team.
In any business environment, communication is vital. Now, imagine you are dealing with talents from different countries. You need to communicate effectively and get timely feedback to ensure your project turns out as planned. Remember the idea of the language barrier. All the team members must be fluent in English, failure to that; you might have to reconsider as early as possible.
Do not let the dedicated team feel lonely. In any case, motivation keeps great talents to collaborate and bring out the best results. If the motivation is low, some workers are likely to perform poorly. And if one area fails, the entire project will be affected.
Trouble staying agile
Staying agile means accepting any changes and corrections. Stay updated on the advancement of the project and give feedback promptly. The dedicated software development teams should be flexible enough and take another route whenever the need arises.
Business people hope for the best when it comes to matters about their business. If your business is performing poorly, it might be about time you engaged a dedicated development team to help you uplift your business. Whichever talent is missing from your in-house team, you can always fill the gap with a dedicated team.
How do you manage a dedicated development team?
- Establish crystal-clear objectives: Establish crystal-clear goals and expectations for your development team, and convey them to the team. Then, please specify what you expect of them and ensure that every team member understands the objectives.
- Develop a team plan: Collaborate with your team to develop a strategy for achieving the objectives. Set attainable deadlines and checkpoints, and delegate duties to team members. Regular meetings help review progress and resolve any concerns that may emerge.
- Create a culture of collaboration by promoting open communication and teamwork among team members. Create a climate that encourages invention and creativity and recognizes team members’ contributions.
- Ensure that your development team has the required resources and tools to perform their duties. As needed, provide training and mentoring and be accessible to answer questions and provide direction.
- Monitor performance: Monitor the performance of the team and offer criticism. Analyze metrics and results to find improvement opportunities, then implement them. Finally, collectively celebrate triumphs and aggressively address any problems.
What is a dedicated development team?
We define a dedicated development team as a group of software developers devoted to creating a particular product or project. A group of specialists collaborates to provide an efficient and effective product or service. Typically, the team comprises a project manager, developers, testers, and other professionals who work together to produce the intended result.
How do you structure a development team?
- Identify team roles:
It is essential to decide which team members will be responsible for which tasks. This definition should contain positions such as lead developer, project manager, software engineer, analyst of quality assurance, etc.
- Establish team objectives:
Set objectives for the team and establish a schedule for the project to assist the team in maintaining focus and motivation.
- Assign tasks:
Using a project management application or a basic spreadsheet, assign tasks to each team member so that everyone knows their responsibilities.
- Establish communication routes by email, Slack, or a chatbot, to ensure everyone is on the same page and can maintain contact.
- Track progress:
Arrange regular meetings to ensure everyone is on track and can immediately solve any difficulties.
- Commemorate achievements:
Acknowledge team members for a job well done to boost morale and foster collaboration.
What is a dedicated team model?
A dedicated team model is a project delivery model in which a team of experts or service providers works on a single project or customer for the project’s life. Additionally, it allows the team to focus entirely on the project and build a comprehensive grasp of the client’s demands and objectives. This type is beneficial for large, intricate tasks. It is also advantageous when the client has limited resources and must outsource the project to a specialized team with the necessary skill set.
What are the four key stages of team development?
- Team Forming: Team members come together and become acquainted with one another.
- Storming: Team members begin to have arguments and conflicts at this stage.
- Norming: team members develop trust and regard for one another and collaborate.
- Performing: team members collaborate successfully and efficiently towards a single objective.
Finally, if you want to hire dedicated team, then connect with us today!
Also check: software development outsourcing