Most sites are shifting from Magento 1 to Magento 2 to avoid the risk of experiencing unsupported software in the year 2020. The deadline for shifting is dated June 20th 2020. Failure to migrate, be sure to experience technical difficulties.
So, why shift? The answer is simple. Any content management system which will not be migrated to Magento 2 will not run effectively. Adverse experiences such as being hacked and loss of customer’s details will be the norm of the day. For these reasons, big companies such as Land Rover, Tile Giant, and Pino’s among others have already taken the step and migrated to Magento 2 to avoid future problems. There are three aspects that should be implemented to migrate Magento 1 to Magento 2. They include:
Factors to consider when migrating Magento 1 to Magento 2
An update on main extensions is already put in place and updated in Magento 2 by the Magento community. Among the extensions available in Magento 2 include SEO suite ultimate, customer segmentation, and Abandoned Cart Email.
Migrating data is a complex process that requires extra caution and a bit of patience. With Magento 2 data migration tool, the process can be moved securely without losing some of the data in the process. This means that you should be cautious before giving a Magento developer the initiative to migrate your data. Put into consideration all the factors that might affect your data during the process and make a wise decision. There are crucial steps to be followed that require highly professional personnel.
Themes and Customizations
An online store requires latest and improved technology to deliver a great experience to the end-users. Thus, Magento 2 offers services to personalize the shopping experience. The personalization includes a change in customization and themes. With this in place, the customers will definitely have an easy time achieving their objectives. Among the themes Magento 2 has in store include the following:
- Instagram theme
- Minimalism theme
- Couture Fashion Responsive Theme
- Rope Responsive Theme
- Modern Print Store Theme
Note: Always have a laid-up plan and if possible, test your migration strategy to avoid downfalls during the process. In fact, you can search for a professional Magento developer to custom a plan for you just to succeed during the entire process.
As much as other business personnel’s think it is not that important to shift to Magento 2 because they perceive there will be no difference, which is not valid. The truth is that when analyzed keenly, the two have a substantial distinction.
So, what makes Magento 2 powerful over Magento 1? Let us explore.
Importance of Magento 2 over Magento 1 Migration
- Improved Security
One of the reasons why you should consider Magento 2 is the protection of your information. Magento 2 has focused majorly on matters concerning security because most of the online information is at risk of being lost through malicious practices such as hacking. Once information is leaked online and now in the hands of an unknown person, it only means that you are set to fail. That is why Magento 2 is stronger than Magento 1. So in which way is Magento 2 secure than Magento 1? Let us discuss.
How to maximize security by migrating to Magento 2?
- Strong back-up system: Online businesses have an option to put in place a system that enables back-up of files. The backup files are downloaded with a file transfer protocol client. This means that there are backups that take place every hour while offsite. The good thing is that backup files are easily downloadable. This means that the system is highly secured even if it experiences hacking or technical failures.
- Convenient Environment for development: The processes involved in Magento 2 are direct and straightforward. More so, the process is faster.
- Special URL for Admin: A system with a unique URL makes it hard for hackers to access or unwanted activities taking place. This is because of the protective layer the URL offers.
- Password: Since Magento 2 uses SHA-256, it only means that passwords are more secure within the system.
- 2-Factor Authentication: Just like the unique URL, 2-factor authentication also provides an extra layer for security to avoid attacks.
- Great Reports Accountability
Any business especially online-based businesses, must have an accurate reporting system so that any issue can be easily tracked from the reports. Magento 2 has advanced features that support proper upkeep of reports. The features are located in the Magento Admin and they give reports on a critical area that include:
- Products: It analyzes and arranges the most wanted products and the number of orders placed.
- Orders: It shows how many orders are taken, and the revenue collected from taxes and shipping costs
- Customers: It shows how many customers have registered accounts.
Such a good reporting system is crucial because it enables you to weigh and analyze your business. You know where to put more efforts and how you can manage your business better.
Hence, Magento 2 has the best reporting system as compared to Magento 1. Why wait? You better migrate your business.
- Improved and mobile-friendly Design
What matters in any business is good customer experience. Magento 2 is made to give out the best when it comes to delivering the perfect user experience. The designs used are friendly and quick to respond, making the customers enjoy their usage.
The screen of Magento 2 is easy to touch and operate. It does not matter the kind of device you are using, whether tablets or mobile phones; everything navigates smoothly.
- Better Performance Rate
The fact remains that Magento 2 performs way better than Magento 1 in all aspects. Magento 2 has an advanced indexer used to increase the speed of query performance. Also, it has HTTP accelerator technology and Varnish Cache which is used to simplify all requests relating to the cache.
With all this, many admin users can create and modify all the products involved in the online store and add important information best suited for the customer. Good news is that all this can be achieved without interfering with data in Magento 2. All this is because of improved and advanced performance.
Ways in which Magento 2 improves the performance rate
- It promotes the effectiveness of backend operations
- Quick and straightforward delivery of information on web pages
- Improves the flexibility of the database to manage peak loads
- It uplifts the response times of the server for all activities on the website
The British Furniture Company; Graham and Green used to operate their business on Magento 1 for a year. However, they realize their web page did not respond appropriately especially on mobile devices.
This made them start focusing on digital transformation journey back in 2018. They made a move to switch to Magento 2 to improve their services.
They then took advantage of the peak time during Black Friday sales season and introduced their first mobile site back in 15th of October 2018. As a result, their customers experienced improved services, and that was the beginning of their massive success journey. The buying experience of the customers improved massively. So, why wait? Take the opportunity and make your business better.
- Advanced Checkout Process
Any online business requires a platform that is more secure and simple to use by the targeted audience. That is why Magento 2 becomes effective. It has a system that prioritizes the needs and requirements of its users. So, how does Magento 2 checkout process improved? Let us explore:
Ways in which the checkout process in Magento 2 is advanced
- In Magento 2, there is no registration form or the login requests for the users to keep up with the checkout process
- Magento 2 has a system that offers the rates involved in shipping in relation to the postal code, country, and region. This makes the payment process to be flexible and easy to follow.
- Magento 2 has options for selecting the payment method that suits a person well. The available options include Braintree and PayPal. With such options, any business transaction takes place smoothly.
- All the shipping processes are incorporated in a summarized order in Magento 2. With such a feature, all the troubles experienced during the process are solved. Above all, customer experience is improved.
- There is a room in Magento 2 to boot the conversion rate of the website by minimizing the checkout time.
A kitchen cabinet based in the US (Cabinet.com) introduced its business to operate online. In the first place, they used Magento open source then later on shifted to Magento 1. However, as technology keep changing, they had to upgrade their online store. They started offering services such as customized products and improved pricing strategy. They then joined Magento 2 from Magento 1 where user experience improved even more. Shifting to Magento 2 was the onset of their breakthrough. What Magento did is that it minimized the standard checkout time.