The website is the face of any brand now. It gives all the information about the company, services, products and much more. So, a website should be able to communicate everything about your company in detail, loud and clear so it doesn’t create any misunderstanding. You need a highly engaging website to attract your customers, since you are building a website for B2B you have to keep in mind that your target audience is also a Business owner or associate. However, it can be challenging to build an interactive website when you are a beginner. To sort this problem of yours we have added a checklist for B2B eCommerce below so you can omit all the errors made.
When customers, open your e-commerce website there are 90% cases when they bounce back in 5 secs due to a less attractive and engaging website. Here are a few things that you can keep in mind while designing the homepage of your website:
- Common UI elements. The customer should be able to navigate to all the sections of the website easily. A commonly used user interface element makes it easy to understand and navigate throughout, which reduces the bounce-back rate.
- Adding a Call to action is a good option these days to engage and encourage them to visit the website again and again.
- Especially if you’re running any festive sales or big offers/deals, the home page will act as the landing page. So, having a good home page not only enhances the look but influences customers buying decisions, eventually increasing your sale.
- Commonly used language options can be installed to pull the traffic from other states as well. English and the native language of your country can be the best to raise the engagement rate.
Updates Technical functions
Since the website influences the decision of the customer, you need to be sure it is integrated with the highly updated tools and plugins. Technical things to be kept in mind are:
- Lighting speed loading of the website, as the bounce-back rate increases if your website takes more than 3 sec to load. It might also affect the ranking on your website on the search engine which may result in the loss of more customers specially when they are business owner and have lack of time.
- The responsive level of your website should be high as customers may not like waiting for long. Also, it should be made compatible with all devices like different mobile screens, desktops, iPad, etc.
- If you have a buying option, it is very important to integrate the website with all the commonly used payment options to make the customer’s shopping smooth and happy.
Next to the homepage product page is another decision influencing aspect of your customer.
- Products picture resolution should be high enough to make your customers feel the products are in their hands in real and not on screen. Simple and easy products description will add on to increase the sale.
- Filter and sorting options should be simple and active to help them get their perfect product easily.
- The Price should be listed for Bulk purchase as the businesses buying the product might not be looking for single pieces.
- Try adding customers review below the products as customer reviews is a vital thing. Good reviews will encourage them to buy the products and increase your sales.
Check: eCommerce development company
There are two security aspects to your b2b ecommerce website, the security of your website itself and the security of your customer. The checklist wouldn’t be complete without a high-security feature. This is the trust-gaining feature of all websites.
- The other business is going to make high amount transaction as they buy in bulk so winning their trust become more important. While making payments they share their card/ account details which should be highly encrypted, and they must feel secure while paying you online.
- No one should be able to hack your e-commerce website as this might result more like a robbery in your shop. If a website does not have high security, it can get into trouble and can be fined as well.
Active Internet Marketing
Customers need to be updated about your products and that’s your work.
- Social Media page optimization is a must as it helps customers know you better, also you must integrate a social media sharing option to help customers share your products with their acquaintances. Indirect or referral marketing becomes easy with this.
- Include cookies and registration options to get the contact details from the customers. This helps you in email marketing and sending your customers push-notifications to call them.
2-Steps Check out
2 Steps Check-Out is the most used method at every ecommerce website these days, make sure you follow the trend. After adding to the card do not make the process complicated ahead, you might be giving them time to change their mind so just ask > Provide shipping address > Make the Payment.
Once you have developed the website not you have to make sure the search engine knows you.
Seo optimization is a must-have to increase the domain authority and ranking of your business on the web. For this, you might require a good SEO expert or a digital marketer but to start with you can work on
- Make the URLs short and clear. They should be keyword-driven and logical. URL describing your content is user-friendly and SEO friendly also. Keywords are the common term that anyone might surf on the web to reach your product.
- Add a catchy and relevant title and meta description as there are the 1st thing your customers would see even before your website as it is listed on the search engine. Use keywords here as well.
Your checklist should have all these points marked yes while developing an e-commerce website. Since the website is going to be the face of business and you should know what people find lovable to their eyes is what they buy. So, before launching your website make sure you have tested it multiple times. These checkpoints will help you to focus your attention on the small thing.
Planning to develop a b2b ecommerce website for your business? feel free to contact web development company & get a free quotation today!
Also read: test cases for ecommerce website
Share This Article: