Weather apps fall with some ambit of the weather forecasting software that gives complete information for the weather updates. As several industries are depending on the weather factors, there is no wonder that the market for such software is exponentially growing in recent times. Reports say that the app market is experiencing growth from $2.3 billion in 2019 to $3.3 billion by the end of 2025.
Make A Weather App Like 1weather
Among the different apps, 1weather is a prominent example of such apps. Are you looking for building such weather apps? Here are the steps you need to follow.
Assemble the planning team
When it comes to the 1weather app, the free version has ads, and the premium one eliminates the ads. It is an indication of the competition in the industry. So, if you are planning for such apps, have a clear plan on the team.
Define the scope
The development team should discuss various aspects with the business stakeholders to gather all the business requirements to have a well-defined scope. Now, define the features based on the Android or iOS mobiles.
Have PM methodology
Try to launch the Minimum Value Project (MVP) with the most important features, and you can add the features based on the market feedback. Handling some popular methodologies like Agile will help you to support iterative development with more benefits.
Care for the app internationalization guidelines
If you need to support the English speaking audience, get ready to support different languages. So, you need to focus on the design and development based on the app internationalization guidelines. For example, have a separate code from the content to personalize it.
- Formulate an effective development approach
- Design the website for online marketing using WordPress.
- Use some managed cloud service platform, and you may not need to manage the IT infrastructure.
- Develop a native app for Android or iOS with security experience and performance.
- Use the right software development kits or SDKs for programming interfaces APIs to expedite the project.
- Have a mobile device lab on the cloud to test the app with different mobile platforms.
Develop the project team
You need to expand the project teams like professionals like
- UI designers
- Android developers with programming skills
- iOS programmers with objective-C skills
- DevOps engineers
Follow scrum technique
Scrum is the time testing technique to manage the agile projects, and having the right Scrum team is vital here. The team should follow.
- The PM performs the role of the master and plans for building the cross-functional teams where the developers and testers are present.
- The product owners should provide clear business requirements in the documents called a product backlog.
- Have a regular meeting to discuss the project status.
Choose the right WordPress theme
The theme is more important when it comes to the weather app. it plays a vital role in the professional look and feel of the app. The theme you choose should be responsive and featured with some powerful drag and drop options.
Sign-up for appropriate managed cloud services
Signing up for the right cloud service will help in saving time and managing the IT infrastructure. If you choose the right cloud services, you can enjoy ample benefits like,
- It handles the cloud infrastructure, persistent storage, and you do not need to build the mobile backend for the backend process.
- You can easily handle some features like security, push notifications, security.
- Integrating the third party API with the code can be easier.
- Sign-up for the suitable weather data API solution
- As you deal with the weather forecast, signing up with the open weather map can be a suitable choice. API solutions from these will help in several ways like the following.
- You can have current weather data from 200,000 cities, and this report is collected from 40,000 weather stations.
- Some APIs have historical weather data, weather maps, and several others.
- It can provide the update on an hourly basis.
- Daily weather forecasts can be clear and appropriate.
- You can have data in different formats like XML, JSON, etc. with the bulk downloading features.
Test and launch
If you are ready with all these processes, you can launch the app. Ensure that the app will offer the necessary features and respond to all the needs of the clients. Also, follow all the feedback of the clients to develop the app further. If possible, you can also have some marketing for the app and have a good reach among the audience.
The bottom line
Creating the app and making it to have a good response from the audience is not so easy nowadays. There are lots of apps found, and you need to follow the ways appropriately to bring out the great app. If you are looking for ways to create the weather app similar to 1weather, follow the given procedure, and have a beneficial app.