Nowadays it is hard to imagine life without mobile apps. Mobile game apps are a popular source of entertainment among people. They have made our lives easier as people can do a lot of daily tasks with a few clicks.
Developing a gaming app requires a lot of programming skills. There is a lot of competition in the mobile app industry. To make a mark on the industry it is essential to create a unique and efficient app.
Hiring a professional developer is the best way of building a good iOS game app. When you hire a developer there are two major concerns; quality and price. Hiring a developer is a part of the overall cost so it is important to take all options under consideration.
By 2021, mobile games will take up 59% of the global gaming industry, and by 2024, the mobile gaming market is expected to be worth $56.6 bn.
Check: Hire ios app developer India
Hiring an iOS game developer:
Before starting the hiring process it is important to clarify the requirements and skills you need. Here is a list of requirements you should mention while hiring a developer.
- A bachelor’s degree in IT-related fields
- Knowledge of programming language
- Excellent software skills
- Years of experience
- Experience in working on toolchain, engines, and graphics
- Knowledgeable about artificial intelligence
- Should know how to perform code reviews to ensure the quality of code
- Performing at their best level, even under pressure
- Ability to resolve difficult technical issues within games
- Good communication skills
- Understanding object-oriented design patterns
- Good understanding of technique and process of developing a game
Check: iOS development company
After you determine the skills of the developer you need to create an iOS game app, it is time to choose between how you are going to hire them.
You have the following hiring methods to choose from:
If you want the development process to happen under one roof then hiring an in-house team is a good option. You will need to hire developers to create the game and QA engineers to test it before making it live.
You get to manage the project as everything is happening under one roof.
There is an option of outsourcing the project as well. It is a smart choice to outsource the development of iOS games because it allows you to choose from a wider talent pool. Some platforms allow you to find the best developers in the world. The developing companies take care of everything related to game development. They will give you the finished project within the decided time.
Check: Game development outsourcing
- Employees working remotely cost less than in-house hires as there are no office expenses
- The expertise achieved during the development project stays within the company
- You get to establish engaged and productive teams and enjoy a long-term relationship
Hiring freelancers is also an option. You can choose the best game developers you can afford from all around the world. The rates of freelancers vary making it easier to find an affordable one.
Make sure you are clear about the available development budget for the iOS game as it will allow you to choose the best hiring method.
- Hiring freelancers is cost-effective
- It provides access to worldwide skills and knowledge
- There are fewer employer responsibilities. After the project is delivered the work relation is either paused or ended.
When you decide on the hiring option, it is time to find the best platform to find the best developers. Some platforms offer access to the best freelancers and companies.
The complexity of the project:
The cost of hiring game developers depends on the size and complexity of the project as well. If the game you are developing is simple and has a small number of levels then the cost of development will be lower. Some developing companies charge by the number of pages while others give a fixed price for the entire project.
The games that incorporate the latest technology and have countless layers take time to develop and are costly.
Check: Game app development cost
Key things to consider:
The hiring process is hard and time-consuming. There is always a certain level of risk as you can never be a hundred percent sure that you are choosing the ideal candidate. Here are some important things to consider during the hiring process:
- The type of game app you are developing
- Adequate skills and experience
- Ability to adapt to different working conditions
- Capable of forming long-term partnerships
- Check references and portfolio of the candidate
- Capability in terms of tools, language, time zones, etc
- Check their knowledge of OOP principles iOD SDK, SOLID, APNS, Apple purchase, Core Data, GIT version control system, and Swift testing tools.
Cost of hiring an iOS game developer
The average cost of hiring an iOS game developer is more than $120,000 in the US and about $80,000 in the EU. The cost can vary depending on the location of the developer. If you hire from India the cost will go down to about $48,000. Moreover, if you want to develop a high-quality, competitive iOS game then it is necessary to hire a skilled and experienced developer.
If you are an idea about developing an iOS game app then feel free to contact us.
Also check: App development cost in india