On-page SEO can prove to be extremely helpful and help the e-commerce website to receive a high rank, engage more users, drive better traffic, and convert leads. You might already know that the first step taken by people is by starting product research on Google. To ensure that they are making the perfect decision, they are going to do the following.
- Compare all the features of the products along with the different prices.
- Go through several reviews.
- Search for important advice and tips.
Therefore, if the website is not visible when your potential consumers are looking for the product that you are offering; there is no denying the fact that you are losing out on business opportunities and hence, profits. This is why you have to work on improving on-page SEO and win organic traffic. According to https://www.inc.com, SEO helps in boosting e-commerce websites ideally.
Compiled below is a list of important concepts, which will help in improving on-page SEO.
Keyword Research and optimization
If you seriously want your customers to look for you easily, you always need to make sure that you are using the proper words. If you are interested in greater and better visibility of search engines, the appropriate words cannot be missed out. There is an important pattern in the lines mentioned above. You need to concentrate on optimizing both your target customers as well as the search engines.
You have the freedom of choosing from several keyword research tools. A few of them are extremely helpful and can provide suggestions irrespective of the kind of business and search engine. Besides, you will be able to manage and monitor all the important metrics, which will reflect how every keyword matches the user queries. Few important free keyword research tools that you can consider include, Google Trends, Google Correlate, Keyword Shutter, Google Search Console, and Wordtracker Scout.
To make sure that you are using the keywords perfectly, you need to follow the tips that have been compiled below.
- Make sure that the significant keywords are placed in the titles, headings, subheadings, paragraphs, and product descriptions, file names of images, Meta title, and URL. Ensure that you are using different variations.
- Make sure that you are using all the important details on your product pages so that customers do not have to scour your website for any important information.
- Ensure that you are updating the seasonal sales timely.
Product pages: You have to remember that it is not Google that is purchasing your services and products but it is people. Therefore, optimizing the e-commerce pages perfectly is important for satisfying the intentions of the users. The process should be started by evaluating the websites of the competitors. You can look for:
- Multilingual websites.
- Characteristics of certain products and services.
- Specific colors used within the product page.
- The number of CTAs.
Make sure that you are improving the on-page SEO by removing unavailable products.
Category pages: The owner of e-commerce websites are often observed paying attention to product pages, home pages, and the landing pages, and they completely ignore the category page. However, this should not be done because the category pages are capable of influencing search rankings and conversions. If the users do not like the appearance of your category page, they will not visit the product pages also. Certain key metrics that should be monitored include:
- The conversion rate
- The rate of engagement
- The click-through rate
- The revenue for every visitor
Blog: Even one decade ago, blogging was not so important, but currently, this is one of the most powerful tools, which is actively being used by e-commerce companies. Blogs can help in delivering important and valuable information to the customers, gain loyalty, and most importantly, help in building a strong relationship. Apart from that, when you are incorporating the necessary keywords within your blog, you will attract visits from the search engines.
Meta title and description: These two elements are going to be short but they are extremely meaningful. They provide a favorable exposure to your website with the search engine because the web users are going to view them. The Meta title and description should summarize the entire subject of your page, which will compel people to visit the website and explore more.
Image optimization is also one of the smart investments of time, and this is because it has a great capability of improving the page speed to a great extent. Given below is a list of the important things that you have to consider when you are working with the images.
- Ensure that the format is perfect.
- Compression is important. There are several tools available online which can help in compressing the images.
- The images need to be appealing and should give out positive vibes.
- Incorporate keywords within the alt text.
Videos are also important aspects of any e-commerce website. When you are working with videos, certain important practices have to be kept on your mind.
- Reduce the length of the video.
- Make sure that you are using the only MP4 format.
- Do not forget to compress the video files.
- Upload videos to YouTube and other sources as well.
Both checking and working on improving user experience design is one of the most important tasks of SEO. You have to consider the following factors:
- The average time is taken by users for spending time.
- The bounce rate.
- The performance of the CTAs.
- The pages that are visited.
Make sure that you are looking for all the weak points so that you can work on all the important elements, which are influencing the experience of the users.
Customers should be capable of easily finding relevant information along with all the products that they require. You need to ensure that the menu is convenient, and it provides short pathways to several sections. When the website can be used easily, visitors are going to stay on for long.
On-page SEO is extremely important for every e-commerce website. As the owner, it is your responsibility to make sure that you are taking care of all the important aspects that have been mentioned above.
To know more connect SEO company in India!
Share This Article: