The investment in mobile game development has increased rapidly in the last few years. The availability of smartphones, tablets, and other gaming devices motivate people to invest in mobile game development. Some companies prefer to outsource game development services rather than doing itself. Both in-house app development and outsourcing app development have their pros and cons. In order to develop a mobile game, you require an advanced game engine, unmatched imagination, development experience, and creativity for the best user experience.
Key Factors to consider for mobile game development outsourcing:
Some of the key factors you must consider before outsourcing mobile game development are discussed below.
- The graphic contents play a very important role in the success or failure of a game. By outsourcing mobile game development you can get the best available machinery and technology for the best graphics and games.
- You can also minimize the risks involved in game development by outsourcing a professional company. There are professional employees available in different mobile gaming studios who could conduct their jobs effectively.
- There are a lot of gaming studios available in the market. You can easily evaluate their track records and services they delivered to choose the best gaming studio for outsourcing mobile game development.
- You can also get the assurance of quality services from the game developers. Moreover, you can communicate directly with the gaming studio and specify to them exactly what you need in your game.
- Outsourcing game development services can be done more faster than the self-developing the game. The outsourcing services allow you to meet the deadlines quite easily.
- It is very important to update the game after its development. The outsourcing gaming studios can update and improve your game at cheaper rates.
Check: Game development outsourcing
Steps involved in mobile game development:
1. Clarity about the type of the game:
You have to be clear about the purpose and the type of game you want to develop. There are a lot of different types of mobile games available on the market. You must have a unique idea to sustain in the mobile game market.
2. Risk assessment:
There is a high risk involved in outsourcing mobile game development. Some of the main risks involved are poor product quality, delays, unreliability, source data insecurity, and miscommunication, divide the code, limit database access, and legal issues.
3. Supervise the work:
You have to direct and supervise the development team during their work. It is recommended to prepare a project description, list of features and screen, wireframes, tech stack, user flow, and UX basics, etc.
4. Interview and select a developer:
Before selecting a development studio you must interview them ask some specific things like experience in outsourcing android development, their portfolio, and their repute in the market.
Check: Hire iPhone app developer India
5. Project plan:
There must be mutual consent between the owner and the outsource development team about their milestones and checkups. It is preferred to use project management tools such as Asana, Basecamp, and Trello. But it is also recommended not to micromanage too much. You must not distract outsource developers by chatting too much.
6. Adequate tests:
Before launching a game in the market you must do different types of testing and check user behavior scenarios. It is compulsory to go through every possible user action and your developer should do the same before the final game launch.
Check: Software testing outsourcing
7. Release of the mobile game:
After conducting adequate tests, the final stage is the launch of the game in the market. Some experienced mobile game developers have published a dozen applications into Google play store or app store, so they should be able to help.
Game development cost:
If you compare the cost of a self-developed game with outsourcing a developed game, the cost of a self-developed game is much less than an outsourced game. But self-developed games usually have low graphics quality and low creativity levels. These games also fail to trigger the global market and their profits are minimal.
On the other hand, mobile game development outsourcing is quite expensive. But these outsourced gaming studios promised to deliver high-quality games along with high-quality graphics.
The planning stage of mobile game development usually costs from $30 to $80 per hour. In the planning stage, you should require a mobile game strategist. In this stage, you should solve different technicalities like the target audience, the language of the game, the number of levels in the game, and the background of the game.
Check: Application outsourcing model
The cost of developing games in Poland, Belarus, and Ukraine is quite low as compared to the US or Europe. The practical transformation stage of game development usually costs $25 to $50 per hour. Some basic games like Ping pong and Solitaire cost around $500 to $50000. The cost of developing 2D games like Red ball and Stack is around $50000 to $ 100000. The cost of developing mildly complex games like the angry bird is about $100000 to $700000. The social media games like Farmville costs around $100000 to $250000. Some highly complex games are very expensive to develop. Their development costs vary from $400000 to $1000000.
Also check: Mobile app development cost in India | Website development cost in India
Contact Aalpha if you would like to discuss the development of your game idea.
Share This Article: