Challenge - Outsourced Product Development
A popular mass-market Internet company in Sweden with a large cluster of
websites – both large and small – serving a growing online reader base in
Europe, wanted an automated solution deployed to manage the content
serving and customer base with multi-lingual support.
Aalpha Information Systems streamlined Customer’s content management, aggregation
and maintenance systems by deploying Business and Consumer portals on a
popular template. Functionality was chosen and implemented to maximum
effect in the portals. A portal testing tool was also developed.
Multi-lingual support along with workflow, versioning, 27 in-built
controls, Content Staging and SEO were also incorporated. Solution Scope:
- Complete re-engineering of CMS includes detailed requirements
- Creation of super-templates and templates for numerous homepage &
- Creation of templates for libraries, components etc.
- Integration of CMA with third party content feeds
- Designed support for user authentication and access control through
an LDAP server
- Creation of a migration path for future software upgradation
ASP.NET, C#, Oracle9i
A tedious project to begin with, but Aalpha’s rapid application
development schedules saw deployment in around 3 months. Highly notable is
the completely offshore development with a small team size. No project
overruns with completion to customer satisfaction. Costs savings of almost
half achieved as a result of offshore development reported, with
maintenance and control of web portals now significantly easier. Customer
reports great benefits in application portability and flexibility.